Friday, July 25, 2008

"..not a single original thought.." says at least one German politican


Here is an article of what most German politicians thought of Obama's speech. The most critical comments are from the only politician not in office today. He has nothing to lose if Obama is elected, of course. "There wasn't a single original thought..." he complained.
True. Of course, some of the politicians make it sound like America's never listened to Europe in the last eight years; in fact, we are apparently supposed to sit up and beg when we get such little assistance from them regarding the war, or looking into Oil for Food, etc., but applaud and smile when Kyoto demands America pays the for carbon footprints of China and India, right? Take a look yourself.....interesting article.

This comment stuck out the most to me: "Will a German candidate for chancellor in the election campaign of 2009 want to speak to Americans at the Washington Monument?"
Z: I doubt it.
*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama reads prepared scripts with uncommon vigor and dramatic emphasis. I could just see him now standing high up on a podium erected in front of the Brandenburg Gate, where Kennedy said "Ich bin ein Berliner" and Reagan said, "Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL.

In dream wish scenario Obama reads confidently from a script prepared by a covert libertarian operative, and winds up shouting into the microphones: Ach, meine Damen und Herren, ICH - BIN - EIN - SCHEISSKOPF."

};-)>

~ FreeThinke

Anonymous said...

Oh, then he's a rhapsode. ;-)

Nikki said...

I have really struggled with the entire trip and of course the coverage of it. I don't think this is going to bump Obama at all. I think it is going to show him as riding too high and will indefinately fall...very very flat. I appreciate all the articles you have written on this as I have made coverage scarce in my own world...:)N

defiant_infidel said...

Of course, he nor any other politician have any need or business "campaigning" in any foreign country. The sole purpose is to supposedly "re-establish our credibility with the world"... what a total crock of you know what that is. There has never been a stronger, more productive, more generous and charitable country on this planet than the USA... and freedom would crumble everywhere without our true spine and mightiness. The biggest single reason for our strength is our past ability to stand on our own.

Z said...

defiant infidel? You are fast becoming my hero. I love your spirit..thanks.

defiant_infidel said...

Very kind thing to say, Z, but I am no hero of any sort or kind. I am a grumpy old guy that is bleeding to witness our country being torn down by scum like Obama, his charade and the perfect vacuums that cheerlead him. These following sheeple have no grasp of history, freedom (and the stark differences elsewhere... everywhere else!) or the copious volumes of blood and lives that our centuries of slain soldiers gave to guarantee that for them. Their utter disconnection from reality makes me heave and I could care less what personal opinion of me they might have because of my views. I am beholden to none of their personal opinions... ONLY America.

God bless you.