Friday, June 20, 2008

THIS will cheer you up! It did ME!!! Enjoy....



Working people frequently ask retired people what we do to make our days interesting.

Well, for example, the other day I went downtown to go to the News Stand for the Wall Street Journal so I could track my investments. I was only in there for about 5 minutes. When I came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket. I said to him, 'Come on, man, don't you have anything better to do than write a retired person a ticket? Why aren't you out chasing crooks or child molesters...that's out of your league, obviously !!!

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a 'Nazi.' He glared at me and wrote another ticket for having worn tires.So I called him 'Barney Fife'.He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he wrote a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote. Personally, I didn't care..... I came down town on the bus.

The car that he was putting the tickets on had a bumper sticker that said 'OBAMA in '08.' I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. It's important to my health!

Thanks, PLS! xxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL . . . leave it to us old folks to find cheap entertainment.

Z said...

"CHEAP"? "GOOD" entertainment!!
'old folks'..bah!

elmers brother said...

good is right? true?

Brooke said...

Heeheehee!

Anonymous said...

Yes mustang, Never let it be said we older folks have lost the ability to think on our feet.

Z, this is too funny!

Pris

MathewK said...

LOL

Brilliant...

Anonymous said...

This was so funny, You gave me an idea.

Way too good entertainment!

heidianne jackson said...

perfect.