Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Did you know it was THIS simple? Liberals and Conservatives Explained...ONCE and for ALL



BEER?

WHO KNEW?

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summerand would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter. The two most important events in all of history were the invention of beer and the invention of the wheel. The wheel was invented to get man to the beer. These were the foundations of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals, and
2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor the aluminum can had been invented yet, so while our early ancestors were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stayed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is now known as the Conservative movement. Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hairdressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as girlie-men. Some noteworthy liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that conservatives provided.

Over the years conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men.

Most social workers, personal injury lawyers, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly Bud. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors,police officers, corporate executives, athletes, Marines, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get something for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history:

It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it. A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to piss them off. And there you have it.

Z: I don't know who wrote this, but I sure found it funny and hope YOU did, too! (thanks, Matt)

z

24 comments:

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

It's an oldie but a goodie.

I think I first saw this one back when Bill Clinton was still President.

EDGE said...

It's TRUE!!!

Cliff said...

This gave me a good chuckle to start my day. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

WAAAAY too funny! LOL! Z I'm been going like crazy with 14 hour days, but I'll try to come around a bit more often. Keep up the good work mi amiga!

Morgan

Granny Annie said...

I may have read this before but who could ever read it enough? So funny!

Rita Loca said...

I think I'll add that to me Social Studies curriculum for my daughter!

Anonymous said...

Okay you little girlie men... listen to me now and believe me later...

We're here to pump...YOU up!

Anonymous said...

An interesting view of history. Sounds like a valid theory to me.

Beverly said...

I love that one.

nanc said...

one of my favorites!

most good things end with beer...

WomanHonorThyself said...

most excellent Z!

Ducky's here said...

Let's have some fun. For class discussion:

Ten Things I Need to See Before I Croak.

No special order


1. Paris

2. The Grand Canyon

3. The Ghent Altar

4. The Taj Mahal

5. The Kamakura Buddha

6. Victoria Falls

7. Angkor Wat

8. Giza

9. Mount Whitney

10. Ipanema beach

Brooke said...

Um, as a woman I take serious exception to the idea that I evolved from a liberal.

;)

Z said...

Hadn't seen this myself and I loved it.

I'm really kind of thrilled to hear it's gone around and I missed it; I didn't know it was possible!! Do ALL of you get so many emails from friends, sometimes the same political one 10 times? man.

Anonymous said...

ducky... now find out what kind of beer they serve in each of those locations, and I'll go with you...

Ducky's here said...

Conservatives drink domestic beer, mostly Bud.

Even ignoring that Anheuser-Busch is a Dutch company now, this explains everything.

Samuel Smith Pale Museum Ale forever.

Ducky's here said...

8% Farmer this be the bomb

Brooke said...

Actually, as a conservative I prefer microbrews such as Great Lakes, Christian Morelein, Brooklyn, ect.

A good red or strong porter is heavenly.

Bud and Miller and their like are piss water.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll list a few of the greatest tasting beers of all time. In no particular order..

1. Mississippi Mud (black and tan)
2. Yeungling Black and Tan
3. Peroni (Italy)
4. Modelo Negra & pilsner (Mexico)
5. McKewan's Ale (the red death)
6. Most German and Czeck beers
7. El Presidente (Republica Dominicano)
8. Molson Golden (canuck)
9. Most VERY cold beers after a HOT Florida day.

Morgan

Anonymous said...

Brooke I agree about the red beers. I really like AB's Red Hook! I disagree about Bud though. It's great in the right situation. I also LOVE good microbrews. It's SO much fun to go to restaurants with good microbreweries and sample the wares. You get some real dogs, but an occasioanl diamond does show up.
Budweiser is a PERFECT pallete cleanser while sampling microbrews. Beats the hell out of raspberry sorbet! We have LOTS of microbreweries here in NE FL, and they're fun places at night. One thing I DON'T like is the new trend towards fruit in beer! Fruit goes in zoo food and Sangia!

Morgan

Anonymous said...

...and all these years I took your for a Smuttynose man. I know when I think of New England, that's what I think of. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Farmer that Pumkin Ale looks like an interesting beer! We have a local brew here in Jax called Landshark. It's made here in Jax at the Margaritaville Brewery. I don't know if you get it wherever it is that you call home, but it's tasty. Also, Sam Adams makes a MIGHTY tasty Oktoberfest Beer. I had one with some pizza last Saturday.

Morgan

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Don't fruit the beer.

Man law.

Anonymous said...

Exactly Beamish. Fruit doesn't go in salad either. That's for woman.

Morgan