Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Faith Blog God Bless America

'MEET ME IN THE STAIRWELL'

You say you will never forget where you were when you heard the news On
September 11, 2001. Neither will I.

I was on the 110th floor in a smoke filled room with a man who called his wife to say 'Good-Bye.' I held his fingers steady as he dialed. I gave him the peace to say, 'Honey, I am not going to make it, but it is OK..I am ready to go.'

I was with his wife when he called as she fed breakfast to their children. I held her up as she tried to understand his words and as she realized he wasn't coming home that night.

I was in the stairwell of the 23rd floor when a woman cried out to Me for help. 'I have been knocking on the door of your heart for 50 years!' I said. 'Of course I will show you the way home - only believe in Me now.'

I was at the base of the building with the Priest ministering to the injured and devastated souls. I took him home to tend to his Flock in Heaven. He heard my voice and answered.

I was on all four of those planes, in every seat, with every prayer. I was with the crew as they were overtaken. I was in the very hearts of the believers there, comforting and assuring them that their faith has saved them.

I was in
Texas , Virginia , California , Michigan , Afghanistan . I was standing next to you when you heard the terrible news. Did you sense Me?

I want you to know that I saw every face. I knew every name - though not all knew Me. Some met Me for the first time on the 86th floor.

Some sought Me with their last breath. Some couldn't hear Me calling to them through the smoke and flames; 'Come to Me... this way... take my hand.' Some chose, for the final time, to ignore Me. But, I was there.

I did not place you who are reading this now in the Tower that day. You
may not know why, but I do. However, if you were there in that explosive moment in time, would you have reached for Me?
Sept. 11, 2001, was not the end of the journey for you. But someday your journey will end. And I will be there for you as well. Seek Me now while I may be found. Then, at any moment, you know you are 'ready to go.'

I will be in the stairwell of your final moments.
God
Please see THIS VIDEO, I saw it first at Rita's BLOG.
Here are the lyrics:
When the night
Seems to say
All hope is lost
Gone away
But I know
I'm not alone
By the light
She stands

There she waves
Faithful friend
Shimmering stars
Westward wind
Show the way
Carry me
To the place
She stands

Just when you think it might be over
Just when you think the fight is gone
Someone will risk his life to raise her
There she stands


There she flies
Clear blue skies
Reminds us with red
Of those that died
Washed in white
By the brave
In their strength
She stands

When evil calls itself a martyr
When all your hopes come crashing down
Someone will pull her from the rubble
There she stands

We've seen her flying torn and tattered
We've seen her stand the test of time
And through it all the fools have fallen
There she stands

By the dawn's
Early light
And through the fight
She stands (end of lyric)

God, we're sorry so many Americans have tried to erase you from our land;  we pray for your continued faithfulness and love.  Help all of us recognize You and help us to remember that "...the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down, the Lord loves the righteous." Psalms 146:8
"For it is written, as I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God."  Romans 14.


AMEN.  z

26 comments:

beakerkin said...

I was front and center on that day

sue said...

Z - Yesterday I thought that I could not attend the local Memorial Tribute for 9/11, but after reading your post, and hearing again There She stands, I know now I will go.

Even after ten years, I have never been able to get past that Dark September Day, never have allowed myself to experience healing and move on.

The defining moment that I relive is not on September 11th, 2001, but the following Thursday evening, when my husband and I joined others in walking around the lagoon in the center of town, following the Women's Honor Guard, which carried our nation's flag.

Maybe it is memory of the drizzling rain that has stayed with me - appropriate for our mood - but we carried candles to represent the light of the American Spirit that the terrorists could not extinguish.

After, we huddled together and sang God Bless America, before silently leaving for home.

For me, 9/11 only just happened yesterday, and I can barely allow my mind to grasp the events that occurred That Day.

~~~

But it did happen, didn't it, and today I need to gather with others - in spite of our differences - to pay Tribute to those whose lives will never be the same, and especially to the lives lost.

And to turn to God and ask once again for Healing in America.

~~~


Thanks for your Sunday Faith Blog, Z.

Rita said...

That was just beautiful. And so true.

Karen Townsend said...

Lovely. This is a moving tribute, my friend.

Silverfiddle said...

Amen, sister.

God transcends all

tha malcontent said...

I can only say that I will never forget that day and will never forgive those that did it.

Always On Watch said...

So many stories of personal faith on 9/11! I wish that more people knew these stories.

But so many Americans have become inured to what happened on that dreadful day ten years ago.

Pris said...

Z, thank you for this.

God Bless the 9-11 families. We will never forget.


God Bless America

Gramma 2 Many said...

9-11 is this generations Pearl Harbor. We will never forget this attack either. As usual, you have put into words what so many of us wish we could. Thank you for that.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Faith?

I have faith in one very concrete thing: we WILL be attacked again and it will be as large as 9/11.

Because, in America, here was our answer: TSA groping infants and children, pulling old men out of wheelchairs, making elderly women dying of cancer pull off their colostomy bags and searching it. Making sure we portray CAUCASOIDS as the terrorists in TSA training videos. We can't even admit to ourselves who the real enemy are because we, at our base, are FRIGHTENED to do so -- scared of confrontation, scared of labels which, truthfully, would be false.

Since 9/11, has TSA stopped even ONE terrorist? Of course not. It is the AVERAGE AMERICAN CITIZEN who has.

Therefore, I ask:

What have we truly, as a country, LEARNED following 9/11?

I submit: NOTHING.

So this means, essentially, that those 2,977 lives were baked, burned, turned to jelly and ground up with concrete FOR nothing.

BZ

Jan said...

Z...your very touching tribute brought tears to my eyes...again.

It seems that for the past several days, that's happened a lot...listening to the families of some of the victims, of the children paying tributes to their fathers, or mothers...so much sadness, so much loss.


Thanks, Z, for your heart-felt patriotism, and love for our God, and our country.

BZ...I pray that it was not for nothing...how I pray for that.

Sue...thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm glad you changed your mind about attending the memorial tribute in your area.

"Amen" to Z's prayer.

beakerkin said...

Z

9-11 belongs to all Americans. If you are a NYC type who was there it is a bit more personal.

When you get a chance drop by for a spell. Never doubt Mr B. He is the planets greatest American and has a sixth sense.

Tom said...

Like Sue, it seems more like yesterday than ten years ago. I cannot watch the memorial ceremonies - it tears me up way too much.

Thanks, GeeeeeeZ.

Z said...

Beak, great, I felt that way, too, until I started getting comments here about how the Tea Party's leftist and worse.
WHen we don't have anything better, and I think they're fine, we stick to what we've got against the REAL left, unless you and Beamish want to start a whole new group and feel very happy with yourself starving old people and putting millions on the streets because medicare and soc sec are gone.
To suggest they should be phased out is great; to suggest they go tomorrow is insane.



I just met John Bolton and heard him speak afterwards.....30 minutes with no notes and riveting. He mentioned a Paul Krugman piece you all ought to read:
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/11/the-years-of-shame/

this guy TEACHES.

Bolton's words included how the left thinks our Iraq war got the world angry at us, but went through point after point after point that makes anybody who feels that way look utterly STUPID.
it was fabulous.

net observer said...

Z, my curiosity is killing me. Who is accusing the Tea Party of being "leftist"?

Z said...

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=5516627478339613810&postID=7460543845484973436

look at the comments, net.
I'm digging for a more 'active Beamish in full force' thread;

Z said...

http://gollygeeez.blogspot.com/2011/09/grinding-america-downthe-agenda.html

here's an even better thread, net.
have fun. :-)

beakerkin said...

Z

I think you should look at my blog.
Mr B smoked out FJ he is not quite who you think he is.

Just take a look for yourself.

This isn't about the Tea Party. Trust me Mr. B flushed out an old friend. One who we thought long gone.

Beamish merely sensed something was wrong and the rest....

Whatever, Mr B is he is real. That more than we can say with the other
clown.

Z said...

Beak;
I'm still waiting for that link showing Ron Paul saying anything about hating Jews. Where was Ticker's supposed link?

By the way, I just saw a fabulous American who's lived in Israel for 26 years and heads some media organization there called MEDIA CENTRAL, do you know it? His name is Aryeh Green and he was very articulate and powerful in his convictions. He spoke on a panel after John Bolton had finished his speech. Great stuff.

MathewK said...

We stand with you America, we will not forget and we will not submit. God bless.

Thersites said...

Don't hold your breath wating, Z. Team B is on the job!

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

I'm pretty sure Z's computer connects to the same internet that yours does, "Thersites."

It shouldn't take you much time at all to vet through the thousands of items that pop up on a cursory Google search for Ron Paul's anti-Semitism to determine there's fire under that smoke.

Ron Paul is very much on record criticizing Israel for militarily responding to missile and rocket attacks upon its cities from Hezbollah and Hamas, and is the #1 advocate of Iran acquiring nuclear weapons to "wipe Israel off the map" outside his SAVAK / SAVAMA handlers in Tehran.

Ron Paul is very much on record with a pattern of making racist statements in his newsletter mailings going all the way back to the mid 1980s.

It's a lot harder to believe you can't find anything wrong with Ron Paul than it is to actually find anything right about him.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

I don't see any links, beamish? Since when is "do your own research" a winning form of argument?

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

I'd especially would like to see support for this assertion:

SAVAK / SAVAMA handlers in Tehran

I'm waiting, bucket boy.

-FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

A charge is only as credible as its' source, beamish. And you as a source, I'm afraid for your sake to confess, are NOT very credible.

Mark said...

That is a wonderful post. Thank you for that. Sometimes it's hard to remember Who's really in control. Thanks for reminding us.