Thursday, April 3, 2008

Does this irk YOU?


1.) We've got a story today about having found human "petrified poop" (their word, not mine) from 1,000 years before we thought humans existed in N. America. Here's the quote I love:
"Jenkins said that discoveries like those in the Oregon caves "help us to reconstruct the American past. Our heritage is really important and it is important to the majority of the American public. If you don't know where you come from, it's hard to have a feeling of community, of participation."
Really? Does finding out we're 14,000 years here instead of 13,000 help you have a better feeling of community, of participation? "WOW, 1000 years more? HOME SWEET HOME! I was lost and now I'm FOUND!" Crack out the beer and ribs and let's have a multicultural shindig reveling in our heritage and our community, okay?
2.) Have you been driving along and had a guy on a bike cross in front of you without even looking at you? Or a woman walking her pet with earplugs on who starts into the crosswalk without even a sideways glance? Now, I don't mind Jaywalkers (tho it's illegal here) if they look, see that I'm not having to come to a screeching stop to accomodate their instinct to cross the street between crosswalks, but I can't believe how many people just CROSS IN FRONT OF ME without even LOOKING! Stop sign or not, they just stride into the street as if you don't exist. I swear I'm so politically twisted I want to jump out of the car and say "YOU'RE A DEMOCRAT, AREN'T YOU!" Sure, it reeks of that attitude that "we're entitled, you're in the way, you've got that nice car, I'm on this bike....if I can't have what YOU have, I'll make you wait, demand my space, inconvenience you AND, if anything happens, YOU WILL PAY."
3.) I was listening to radio news today and I swear if I didn't know it was al Sadr speaking, I'd think what I'm hearing comes from a Pelosi, Murtha, Hagel, Paul speech: GET OUT OF IRAQ, AMERICA! I think he's taking his ideas from the NYTimes:
The latest: al-Sadr is calling for a peaceful demonstration in Iraq with a million people ("see? it's not WE who are the problem and so violent! WE can behave! It's America causing the problems!") Wait for the NYTimes spin. Then he's planning a huge offensive (as if he does anything in any other way?) so they can show their might, and that the surge isn't working. Wait for the NYTimes spin. This guy al-Sadr is a Democrat, I swear.
AND BY THE WAY! What's THIS about?? We don't have ENOUGH IRAQI IMMIGRANTS? Bush needs MORE?? And, what do they mean when they say this? Let US "manage the huge oil revenues in Iraq.." Here's how: SEND IT HERE!

Anybody else getting a headache?
Angel, move over with that flu.............!!


6 comments:

Karen Townsend said...

HA! We have to laugh so we don't cry. It's all getting so surreal out there.

Anonymous said...

1. I agree with you that where “we” came from is interesting, but it is not entirely relevant to whom we are today, or where our future aspirations. And while sifting through human waste deposited 13,000 years ago may be an interesting addition to a resume, we might ask how relevant that vocation is to our present and future endeavors. On the other hand, were it not for the poop-sifting program, we may have a lot more homeless people pandering at the end of our freeway exit ramps.

2. Four wheels trumps two every time. Here in FL, the only people who ride bicycles are those who have a death wish because there is simply not enough body armor to protect them from what is going to happen, given enough time. I will only note that after the “road rage” incidents began in CA, drivers became much more attentive and polite on the freeways; this tends to prove that society needs more guns, not less.

3. Moqtada al-Sadr should have already been dead for four years now. This is what happens when civilian leadership lacks the kihones to do the necessary when it becomes necessary.

Hey, good rant, Z . . .

Semper Fi

Anonymous said...

Miss Z, that was a lovely rant. I put it up there pretty high on a scale of 1-10...maybe an eleven.

As for old "Mookie" Al-Sadr...anything that overweight bully boy does is offensive.

Perhaps he saw the raging success Louis Farahkahn had with HIS million man march and is jealous?
He should be careful, people will say they're in love.

As for poop sifting detail, I have been on my own poop detail with one overly hyper red cardinal that drops it like carpet bombing on my poor car.

I just don't know if I could afford an expensive scientist to sift this stuff.
And people laughed when the man said he wanted to go to college...heh hey.


Yes sir, 1,000 years ago longer just blows my skirt right up, but it sure beats working for a living, doesn't it?

Rant on, dear, clears the toxins from the body, maybe.

( I can come up with theories with the best of them.)

WVdottr

CJ said...

I thought our "American heritage" went back to Jamestown and the Mayflower. But of course the politically correct version doesn't count that.

As for walking blindly into the crosswalk back in Berkeley in the 70s it was a form of protest. Against what? Against cars. As if cars weren't piloted by human beings. They sauntered into the crosswalk against the red light, without a glance to right or left, forcing cars that had the green light to wait. Of course it was an epidemic practice in the neighborhood of the university, so I just learned to drive around that piece of real estate. Saved time and mental balance.

Z said...

Mustang..thanks. And thanks for your illucidations on my rants! You're SO right about al-Sadr..if the Left/media and our embeds there hadn't been so eager we fight this war politely and sensitively, who knows how things might have gone? Not much worse, I'll assure you, right!?

I asked myself too about people pooper scooping for our past. !!!

and cj and mustang.....California drivers actually were supposedly the most polite for YEARS, the stats boggled the mind, but it's true. the new freeway killings are, in my opinion, less rage than agenda. Check out who's usually committing the shootings. It just feels so bizarre to see people just stroll right in front of your car depending on you to stop at that stop sign, or even where there isn't a sign. They just DO NOT CARE, too busy listening to their ipod or talking on the phone.

Dottr: Thanks, glad you 'enjoyed' the rant!! I like that line "it just blows my skirt right up!"

And karen.......no laugh, no live, right!!! thanks, all!

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Public service announcement:

When you call your credit card company for anything, don't be that guy that says "hang on, let me go get it" when the customer service representative asks you for your credit card account number.