Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday Faith Post

It's December today, the month of Christmas.   The first Sunday of December, which brings the season of Advent, the time of waiting to celebrate the birth of Jesus again.  Today, millions of Christians will light the first advent candle, which some call the candle of Hope.


The message of Christmas never changes;  it's inclusive, it's loving, it welcomes all.

 "Behold, a virgin shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us."   Isaiah 7:14, Old Testament

Rejoice today at the beginning of this beautiful, sparkling, cheerful time!  Start saying MERRY CHRISTMAS!  Christmas is so, so, so much more than Black Friday or Cyber Monday.  Christmas is love, Christmas is Christ, Christmas is goodness and happy traditions and the ultimate in love for anyone seeking it.  Anyone.

Enjoy the season!

God bless..

Z

5 comments:

Always On Watch said...

A blessed first day of Advent 2013 to all here at Z's site!

I posted special music for today -- music that won't be everyone's taste. But I do love ancient plainsong. And this one is theologically sound too.

Glory to God the Father and glory to His only Begotten Son and glory to the Holy Spirit!

beakerkin said...

As a Non christian, I applaud those who remain true to Christian ideals.
Those who follow the tenents of the faith build solid communities and make excellent neighbors.

I prepare a Christmas Tree for my daughter and grandchildren. I usually get drafted to cook the Christmas Turkey. I miss Vermont where one could always find turkeys hit by a Volvo around Christmas.

I am looking at the LL Beamish catalog for gift ideas. LL Beamish
clothes for those of us that kick #%$&^*&^(.

sue hanes said...

Z - What a beautiful post. It inspires me to put up my tree and start getting in the Christmas spirt. Thanks.

Have a great Sunday.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Like Sue said.

Baysider said...

This IS a lovely post, Z. I read it over twice and said a prayer of gratitude for our God and Messiah for whom 'black Friday' is but a speck of dust in the eye.

And thanks to AOW for the music link. I've never heard this, and was moved to find complete words here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Of_the_Father%27s_Love_Begotten (sorry, I don't know how to paste a link).