Wednesday, November 5, 2008

GRACIOUS Press?

Obama thanks 'gracious' press

Nov 4 10:37 AM US/Eastern

US Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Senator Barack...
Democrat Barack Obama made a rare foray to the press section of his campaign plane early Tuesday -- election day -- to thank reporters for accompanying him on his grueling 21-month ride.
Also thanking the media for expressions of condolence following the death of his grandmother, Obama acknowledged there had been "sometimes friction" between the campaign and the press.
"But you guys have been gracious and understanding," he said, following conservative criticism of the press for its coverage of Obama, as his plane prepared to depart after a huge rally in Virginia for Chicago.
"It's been a good long ride with all of you," the Illinois senator said. "Whatever happens tomorrow (Tuesday) it's going to be extraordinary and you guys have shared this process with us."

This published accidentally the first time because my computer's in the hospital and I forgot I'd drafted this for publication and hadn't finished it. Also, I am typing on a German language keyboard where the Y is where the Z is on an American one and the this ' is elsewhere, too...so bear with me!!

I published this because I wondered just how GRACIOUS the press could be to any candidate, if there should be a limit in a Democratic society. We all know obama's team should pay the mainstream media for the incredible amount of bias and obama promotion they showed....even lefties should know that. Can we allow this to happen again? Can America succeed with this kind of terribly dishonest media? Russia's media is one sided, other despotic regimes are that way....some countries are fighting it, trying to get even handed news. Must America reimplement that? Didn't it seem that bad to you?

Is this yet another thing we can learn about this election?


y

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Gracious"? I guess that's one way to describe them. I wonder if Sarah Palin would use the same term.
On the election result, we in Australia are right with you. We lived through an almost identical journey this time last year; the whole media carnival of insanities; the whole 'it's going to be a tight race' farce and then the cruel blow at the end.
I guess all we can do is to keep up the fight right now and work at the future.

Anonymous said...

Hi Z..
You left this comment on my blg and I would like to reply to it..

"Hey, dude...just wanted to come by and say I'm grieving with you. you fought hard and well...people just wouldn't see the truth.
God bless...y


Thank you Z, Please see my blog today and you will know exactly how I feel about it.

God Bless You and all of us.

Ducky's here said...

God bless you and all of us?

God did exactly that last night.

Anonymous said...

Ducky's here said...
"God bless you and all of us?

God did exactly that last night."

You Made the Bed, Lefties. Nighty Night.
Liberals Are So Utterly Dumb!

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STUPID OPINIONS

Law and Order Teacher said...

It is interesting when people who chastize others for using God as a shield against reality do the same thing. I guess God cuts both ways, huh?