Wednesday, February 25, 2009

You know those church stories....?

I just got this and couldn't resist sharing it with all of you: A first time visitor to a church came to the alter for a personal prayer with the Pastor. The Pastor asked him what he wanted to pray for and the man asked the Pastor to pray for his hearing. With that, the Pastor placed his hands on the man's ears and prayed earnestly for 20 minutes. He then asked the man if his hearing was all right. "I don't know," said the man, "my hearing isn't until next Thursday at 10:00 a.m.

5 comments:

I.H.S. said...

LOL, I can identify with this all too well. I know some pastors who are so zealous they only ask so many questions before they begin to pray.

Z, some people look at this as another church joke and say ha ha. I look at it and see the truth about some churches and I roll in the floor laughing.

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

This is funny Z.

I.H.S., I'll bet you could write quite an entertaining book. I hope you keep a diary, something to think about, years down the road.

Pris

I.H.S. said...

Pris, thanks for the suggesstion, I think I will.

I tell you what though, 'there is no funny like church funny'

Blessings.

Tom said...

Ugh!!! Should have seen that one coming...

Z said...

Glad you guys like this, I just cracked UP!

Well, if this is the truth about some churches, though, I think it's kind of sad. I like your point about pastors not knowing enough with which to pray meaningfully on, right!?? They SHOULD take that time!!!

Pris is right....put all the things down and write a book!

Tom, that's the fun of it! I'm so glad you're here at geeez today!