Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Faith Blog

I have a very dear friend named Nancy.  Her 98 year old husband died Friday night.  They would have been married 69 years in February.   They were very much in love all these years and, as with any marriage, there were difficulties; theirs included the death of two children.  They enjoyed the beach and they traveled and adore their family. Through losing children and other rather tough times, Nancy remained steadfast in her loyalty and affection and I believe her deep faith and reliance on God, through which her husband also became stronger in his faith, is what kept her so loving and true in spite of the difficulties.  I believe their last 25 years together were the best.  And now he's gone.

Please pray for Nancy.  She has told me a lot about their 68 years; the happy times and tough times.  Just know that faith can move mountains and it can change people and it can keep a marriage together.   I hope and pray this helps someone reading about Nancy now.  I know she'd like that, too.


10A wife of noble character who can find?
   She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
   and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
   all the days of her life.......Proverbs 31


That was my friend Nancy.

Please do say a prayer for her today, and for her family.......thanks so much.
Z

16 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Nothing -- Nothing! -- prepares one for the loss of one's mate.

Furthermore, each grief is different.

I sent up a prayer for Nancy.

sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Silverfiddle said...

It is a beautiful tribute. I'll say a prayer as well.

Staying married is not easy at times. Putting God first and agreeing to make decisions and settle arguments based on his will as you both understand it takes a lot of pressure off.

For this reason I think it is important for husband and wife to be of the same religion and attend the same church.

sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bloviating Zeppelin said...

Prayers are very much in order, indeed. Marriages very seldom survive the loss of a child or children.

BZ

elmers brother said...

A Proverbs 31 wife indeed. There's a song by Buddy Greene called a Virtuous Woman that is based on this Proverb.

elmers brother said...

lyrics

Bob said...

We just celebrated anniversary number 44. People ask how we did it. Well, we didn't do anything unusual, except we didn't cheat nor did we commit murder. It is not that those things did not tempt us, is is just that we were either too busy, too broke, or just too ignorant.

Certainly, my wife could have justifiably traded up a couple of time, and I could have had the traditional life-crisis flings. But, we were just too busy raising and financing our kids. I think we were in love, too.

God Bless Nancy, and bless her eventual reunion with her husband.

Pris said...

Z, I too pray for that dear lady. And, she's so fortunate to have a good friend like you.

A lovely tribute indeed Z. God bless them both.

Brooke said...

I am so sorry for your friend's loss!

I know she will see her husband again when the Lord decides the time is right!

Z said...

Elbro, very nice lyrics.

SOme day, I'll share my Prov. 31 experience that happened shortly after Mr. Z passed away. I can't yet.


Bob, I just love what you wrote..Yes, I think you were in love, too! :-) Sounds like it. God bless you both, and keep you for many healthy,happy years.

Pris, thanks. I just called Nancy and she's doing quite well. She's a very good friend, too, ..as are you. xx


Brooke, a friend emailed me this re John:
"I am so relieved for him that he doesn't have to struggle anymore and can just enjoy his Lord."

nice, huh?

christian soldier said...

Peace be with you-Nancy-
Carol-CS

David Wyatt said...

Praying for Nancy, & you, Z. Faith is very important, but as you & I both know, it is only as good ultimately, as its Object, & when that Object is Jesus, there is always hope. God Bless you Z. What a very uplifting & encouraging post.

Z said...

I spoke with Nancy a few minutes ago and had to laugh when this dignified, lovely, amazing woman said "The boys and their wives and I were looking at pictures of John and it was so nice to see him young..he was such a HUNK!" HUNK? I loved that!