Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Faith Blog.....

He was just a little boy on a week's first day wandering home from Bible school and dawdling on the way. He scuffed his shoes into the grass and found a caterpillar. He found a fluffy milkweed pod and blew out all the 'filler'. A bird's nest in a tree overhead so wisely placed up so high was just another wonder that caught his eager eye. A neighbor watched his zigzag course and hailed him from the lawn and asked him where he'd been that day and what was going on.

"I've been to Bible School," he said and turned a piece of sod. He picked up a wiggly worm and said "I've learned a lot about God."

"What a very fine way for a boy to spend his time,"the neighbor said. "If you'll tell me where God is, I'll give you a brand new dime!"

Quick as a flash, the answer came! No sound about him sounded faint...

"I'll give you a dollar, Mister, if you can tell me where God ain't."

"I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me." Proverbs 8:17

Have a wonderful Sunday! from Mr and Mrs Z

z

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's FANTASTIC! Thanks for this one Z.

Morgan

Chuck said...

Nice Z

shoprat said...

Profoundly wise.

WomanHonorThyself said...

absolutely great Z!.love it!

Listen To John said...

Have a nice weekend. It's like summer here today

Papa Frank said...

Indeed!!! I have felt closer to God in the middle of the woods than I have in any church. The whole earth is full of His glory.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Z, I love this.

Pris

cube said...

Smart kid!

Ducky's here said...

Just to spook everyone, Ducky figures that warm weather has permanently arrived, so he went and put a new flag at the da's grave.

Yup, stars and stripes an honest to goodness American flag.

Joe said...

I LOVE IT!

Hey Papa Frank: Pretty hard to love Jesus without loving what He loved. He died for the church!

Anonymous said...

If you get a moment, Z, could you please stop by my Shakespeare post?

Z said...

I'm glad you all liked this, too.

Joe's right...about Jesus!

Ducky, what's a 'da'?

Papa Frank said...

Joe -- just so that you know the truth - Jesus did not die for the church. However, the church is made up of people whom He did die for. I love the people and I also love the glimpses of God that I see in the trees and the sky. Or the glimpses I see in the birds or the bugs or bears. Or in the coyote as he steals a young lamb in the night. All these things show the order of creation and thus the order of the Creator. There is an order to the construction of a church but if you remove the people from the building then you are left with a structure that Jesus would not shed a tear for much less give his blood for.

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful, thank you.

Ducky's here said...

z, father.

Z said...

ducky, I'm so sorry.
That was a nice thing to do. really nice.

Ducky's here said...

No need to be sorry, z. He passed a few years ago without pain, in his living room looking into the back yard and his garden.

His family and friends were there and a couple of his old shipmates made it from a distance to have a chat.

He was a leftist and he was 91 years old.

If someone offers you a chance to go that way, take the deal.

Z said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Ducky, and losing a parent's a loss no matter how beautifully he passed, isn't it.....and, yes, that is THE best way to go.