It's odd that Mexico is complaining about the U.S. immigration policy. Here are some of the immigration laws I've just been alerted to which are part of the Mexican constitution.....can this really BE?
1. Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:
2. Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)
3. Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)
4. Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)
5. The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)
6. Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:
7. Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)
8. A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)
9. A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).
10. Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:
11. Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)
12. Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)
13. Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:
14. Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
15. Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)
16. Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.
17. Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says,
"A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)
18. Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
19. Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)
Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:
20. A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
21. Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)
I numbered the above points so you can discuss them more easily in COMMENTS.....and I hope you do. Imagine if WE respected ourselves enough to have laws like these? Meanwhile, our country's being destroyed by illegals and a sitting president thinks it's 'misguided' to enforce our laws (check the difference between Arizona's law and Federal Law.......I think you'll be surprised at how similar they are) And Leftwingers still wonder why "they" (those socialist nonAmericans the left's enamored with) don't like us...when we don't respect ourselves, why should "they?" "They" see Jerry Springer on many European television channels, they see a country which elected a president who apologizes for our greatness and strength and dumps on our long-time allies, and they see we don't even protect our own borders.............and they're supposed to RESPECT US let along LIKE US?!!!
By the way, I think they forgot one:
22. If any Mexican is trafficking drugs or making other kinds of trouble, or if we can't keep supporting them, send them to America. (and, please, leftwingers, don't even suggest I'm against Mexicans...this has everything to do with behavior and sovereignty.......and, by the way, every Mexican American I KNOW is more for the Arizona laws than even I am........)