Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sunday Faith Blog

Happy Passover to all.  I'm honored to have been invited to a Rabbi friend's for Seder Monday night and he's having all "Christian Conservative" friends, which he's thrilled about.  "We can actually TALK,"  he said to me!   (this is L.A., and liberals come IN to any dinner party slamming the Right, so you just know you either stay quiet and nod your head in false agreement or say something and ruin the party!).

I wish all Christian and Jews a happy Passover because we all gained from Moses' words, and from the release of the Jews from slavery in Egypt. 

"Then Moses called  all the elders of Israsel and said to them, "Go and select LAMBS for yourselves according to your clans, and kill the PASSOVER LAMB."  Exodus 12:21

 Christians, please let's not forget our cherished history:       
     
"The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the LAMB of GOD, who takes away the sin of the world!" John 1:29


Happy Passover to all believers.

Z




10 comments:

Ed Bonderenka said...

Because of Christ's blood on our doorpost, the death angel passes over our household.
Happy Passover indeed!

Z said...

I watercolored an image of a Jew painting the blood on the door jambs for my rabbi friend to give to him tomorrow night as a thank you for having me at the Passover dinner.

Ed Bonderenka said...

certainly post a hi res picture!

Kid said...

I'd be ruining a lot of parties until I stopped getting invited.

Yes, Z, we'd love to see the watercolor.

Ed Bonderenka said...

Kid, Never took you for a party pooper!

Kid said...

Ed, I no longer give the enemies of America any quarter. Haven't since 2012. And there were a very few exceptions prior to that after 08.

Z said...

Honestly? My invitations to seder dinner (I'd been to 3 ) stopped dramatically after marrying my German husband :-)
So, it's kind of nice to be invited again. heh

Ben Gazie said...

Happy Pasover , I'd be delighted to have you come to my Seder in New York.
I'd love it.:-)

Ben Gazie said...

Sorry, For the misspelled word (Passover)
These darn iPhones have minds of their own.
:-)

Z said...

Ben Gazie..thank you!
I made my first CHEROSIT today for my friend's seder...it's easy as pie but nice to do something new! (actually MUCH easier than pie, come to think of it!)

I hope you had a wonderful night.
God bless you, Z