Thursday, April 2, 2009

ROBOTS that THINK? ruh roh

I read about robots which think and I thought "THAT is scary!", but then I got to thinking "Why not make a million of these and teach them to fight our enemies?" But, make sure we indoctrinate them to OUR SIDE, not some lefty silly relative thing like our kids have learned in our schools over the last thirty years, huh? I mean, we don't want soldiers just standing up for US, DO WE? (like we USED TO?)

well, maybe!? Does that little orange suit come in khaki?

(by the way, there are thousands of stories like the one in my link behind "used to", I just picked the first one...that says plenty, huh?)

What are YOUR THOUGHTS on ROBOTS WHICH THINK? And why not have DRONE PEOPLE? It's worth a shot!! What would the Dept of Veteran Affairs be renamed!? HA!!

z

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

For several years, I have been a leading advocate for replacing congress with computers. To me, this seems a better use for computers than any military application. The only problem with computers that think—particularly at the congressional level—is that the concept of thinking in Congress will take some getting used to. There are some drawbacks, of course. What will the media do for sound bites?

Z said...

Well, Mustang, my whole point here might do for Congress, too. It's about time THEY started putting America first, as well!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Z! Neat post! I don't know why, guess I am off the wall but robots always make me think of The Jetson's from the '60's. Everything was electronic, it spoke and I do believe they had a robot show up now and again. I wish we had those flying cars!!! I am still in love with those!

Shalom

Z said...

I loved the Jetsons, too, Zeeva...but, more and more, as it becomes truer and truer, not so much!

Chuck said...

I'd be happy if they would develop more people who could think for themselves.

Tenmei said...

But Z, robots?

We don't need unthinking programmed automatons performing their scripted song and dance.

We have liberals!

Will

Anonymous said...

Mustang - I thought we already had a legion of robots in Congress.

Most of them sound programmed to me. If it's true that today's robots can think, the current model is obsolete.

Pris

psi bond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ducky's here said...

Odd that the article mentions scientific research and your first thought is military.

Probably significant.

Z said...

ducky, it is significant...It didn't take 3 seconds to catch on to the scientific slant, that's the point of the article...You, too, could probably extrapolate if you put your mind to it, no? imagine how we could save lives.
It might actually work, unlike embryonic stem cells which are causing tumors and whose proponents just haven't quite grasped that adult cells are actually working...hm..is it science or agenda that spurs your side on?.

Ducky's here said...

Well I wish you'd just tell me rather than try to engage my enthusiasm.
- Marvin, the Paranoid Android
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Video games connected by satellite to control telepresence guided combat drones.

Don't f*ck with our 5th graders.