Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Faith Blog..........

"Word Of God Speak"

I'm finding myself at a loss for words

And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

Word of God speak

Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You

Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice


Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself at a loss for words

And the funny thing is it's okay 



This gives you a whole different appreciation of being in church, I think.  It did me, anyway.  If you don't go, try to get quiet and think of the lyrics........He's there with you and that quiet helps so much, but singing this in church is an amazing feeling.  I wish you could hear the harmony I do on the bridge of that song and I can't imagine how Mercy Me, the group which recorded it, missed it...

...“Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.” 
Psalm  46:10
Have a quiet, restful Sunday........listen for Him.
Z

16 comments:

elmers brother said...

I'd like to hear you sing it someday.

The Word of God does speak to us. Its relevant and timely.

Always On Watch said...

Z,
Check your email.

sue hanes said...

Z - I agree with EB(about hearing you sing it) but quiet is not what I'll get today since I'm on my way to babysit a 4 and 2 year old.

Oh well, one can always hope for naptime.

Thanks, Z, and have a great Sunday.

Z said...

Thanks, Elbro...we're doing some great songs this morning and I'm looking forward to it, though I only got about 4 1/2 hours of sleep and woke up between a few times! Wish me luck! :-)
I just loved these lyrics.

AOW, thanks SO much, I did see that and will look into it.

Sue, good luck!

Silverfiddle said...

It's like I heard somebody say once, about just sitting in silence. How can you hear God speaking to you if you're talking all the time?

Z said...

And then there's CS Lewis's great quote: “God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world”

Ticker said...

Great song, and great words in this blog. Thank you Z.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

I'm glad some people like and enjoy church. I am not a "joiner" per se; my background and my job has disabused me of the bulk of people which is why, in my relationship with God involving church or heart, I choose heart.

BZ

Pris said...

Thanks Z. Great song, and food for the soul.

I'm with Elbro, it can't be soon enough, to hear your voice ring out on GEEEZ! There has to be a way.

Z said...

BZ, thankfully, nobody has to make that choice; it's not church OR heart, is it.
I didn't go for years, either...

Pris, thanks...I recorded GOD WILL FIND A WAY Thursday morning and have the CD and can play it on my computer but can't save it for some reason; believe me, I tried (With Mustang's phone help)....anyway, it's at the end of a long talk and it's difficult to snatch four minutes off of a CD and get it on by itself...
some day I'll get something else on here...I did that MARY DID YOU KNOW? at christmas a few years back. Thanks so much

And, in case anybody wants to help, don't. I'm not techie enough to do it even with someone's help over the phone or via emails..thanks :-)

Pris said...

Z, I remember Mary Did You Know. It was beautiful.

Jan said...

Pris..I remember when Z posted that, too, and I agree...it was beautiful!

Thanks, Z, for this lovely post, too.
xoxo

sue hanes said...

BZ - I'm going to jump in and say that I am with you on the not going to church thing.

Z said...

Pris and Jan, thanks so much; I'm glad you enjoyed my singing and the post today.
We had such an amazing worship today with all terrific praise songs! I wouldn't give up doing this for the world.
Blessings to you all!

MathewK said...

Just think if he weren't around, now that's a scary though.

Z said...

MK...almost an impossible thought, you're so right.