Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Michelle Obama, Joy Behar, good fathers and...the ECONOMY?


Mrs. Obama was on THE VIEW this morning. Elizabeth Hasselback, the supposed 'conservative' gave no challenges (why do you think she's the 'conservative token' of Barbara Walters?).....Whoopi Goldberg was so elated to have Mrs. Obama on that she literally dropped coffee down her pants before they went to commercial! OH, were they excited! "THE WIFE IS HERE!!!"

But, here's what got me.......And, as usual, what really bugs me on THE VIEW concerns Joy Behar, who TWITCHES when Conservatives are on and once compared Rumsfeld to Hitler, moving her shoulders and rubbing her fingers together in total disgust; the woman is allergic to morality, decency, and anything else conservative. Today she was twitching, too, but she was in overdrive appreciation for this wonderful woman! When Mrs. Obama said "If my husband is elected President.." Joy said "WHEN!! We have to think positive!" I grind my teeth at almost everything Ms Behar says, BUT, the following is what got me today!
They brought up Obama's Father's Day Speech and Whoopi mentioned how it was really for ALL fathers, not just Black fathers, who aren't doing a good job raising their children. Mrs. Obama agreed. Joy's comment, however, was "...it's because of the economy......" Mrs. Obama said "...yes, it is........and......."
THE ECONOMY, folks, this is what the Left blames for fathers not being good fathers. THE ECONOMY!?

I couldn't help thinking of the Depression and how families stayed together more than ever, times when my own dad had a little financial trouble, having raised five girls and put us all through college. He was always a good father, he never let finances deter him from his loving attention. What do you think? Anybody think it's the economy that keeps dads from being good dads?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the "new Michelle" product makeover. Like placing a can of Pepsi on the coffee table.

Anonymous said...

Well, it would seem that so far, there is only one black American willing to tell the truth about fatherhood in the black community: Bill Cosby. Naturally, when he delivers a lecture about familial responsibility, black community leaders deride him. I guess speaking truthfully (even if painful) isn't a value within that community. Ergo, we shouldn't expect that situation to change any time soon, eh?

Z said...

I hope you're wrong that we shouldn't expect more, mustang...but even Cosby still blames 'whitey', as you know. His books profess putting the responsibility on Black Americans, then he goes on Larry King with his Greek Chorus, Dr. Poussant, I think his name is, and he's all about it being the White man's fault again. Broke my heart to hear it because I'd believed he'd finally awakened.

Fj.....I guess the new pitch was all about how warm and friendly she can be; it sure beats what we're hearing about her assocations and rantings. She did a good job...they all are.

I don't see for a second how Obama can lose, frankly. NOt for a second.

elmers brother said...

the problem with the left is that the father is seen as nothing more than an ATM. As long as he's bringing home the bacon, he's a 'good' father. Well if the jobs aren't out there how can one be a 'good' father.

Nevermind the fact that when a daughter doesn't have a father she's more likely to be a teenage mother etc etc etc.

They don't know what a 'good' father looks like. Think Rosie O'donnel or Jodie Foster.

Dr. John said...

Being a good father has absolutely NOTHING to do with the economy. It has to do with spending a lot with your kids. Not money, but time. Yes, a job to have money to support your family (i.e. not living on government handouts) is important, but so is that invaluable commodity of time. There is an old saying that goes something like "no man on his death bed has ever wished he had spent more time at the office." A corollary to that is "no child wishes there parents would spend less time with them." Kids don't want stuff, they want you. So give them you, and the rest will work itself out.

From a father with two girls (age 4 and 6), neither of whom owns a video game console, gameboy, cellphone, computer, or MP3 player.

Karen Townsend said...

Whoopie Goldberg, fresh off her appearance on the Awards Show where she said Thurgood Marshall was the only African American Supreme Court Judge, yukking it up as a slap to Justice Thomas, introduced Obama as possibly 'the next first lady', while she introduced Cindy McCain as well, Cindy McCain. That show makes me ill and I only last a few minutes every time I try to watch when someone interesting is on. Fortunately that is only once or twice a year. And you're right, if Elizabeth was a competent debater, she'd not be on the show.

Anonymous said...

Twitching nervously whenever a Conservative is nearby...sounds like the far left alright. They talk about us being the 'far right haters'...they're the most repressive, threatened and hateful group on the planet and they can't wait to shut us up for good.

MathewK said...

Anything but the perp, that's the motto of the left. So when you apply that same ideology to deadbeat dads, it can never be the deadbeat, it must be something else, anything else.

Anonymous said...

I share your digust for leftists Z. I don't understand why you punish yourself with that show. :-)

Morgan

nanc said...

i cannot bear to watch ANY network television - we have it in our satellite package mainly for local weather alerts - otherwise it's $4.95 per month a complete waste.

that show i find especially distasteful - i commend you for sitting through it.

a sidenote - one of my mother's old friends (deceased) kept books for cosby for many years - she said he is one of the MOST bigotted people on the planet - although she was a tiny white lady...wonder why he didn't have a black bookkeeper?

cube said...

fj referred to "the new Michelle product makeover", well, to carry the analogy further, Michelle would be a can of "new Coke".

Z: why do you torture yourself by watching this vapid & vile program. I have trouble just getting through the clips on the news.

cube said...

Oh, I forgot to answer your question...

Black culture is responsible for the lack of black fathers, not the economy.

Z said...

Like I watch THE VIEW every day!? Please!
Except, I do like to keep up on what's going on and I knew michelle Obama would be on and I was glad I'd watched even only that first 20 minutes. Believe me.
It's like why I watch CNN from time to time...I want to know what the other side's saying. My husband calls watching CNN "Self mutilation" and he's right, but I have to know!!
Something will be breaking news on FOX and I'll switch to CNN to see what they're saying......it's a sickness, I guess!!