Tuesday, August 19, 2008

You can't blame this guy.........


One sunny day in 2009, an old man approached the White House from
across Pennsylvania Avenue , where he'd been sitting on a park bench.
He spoke to the Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President Barack Obama."

The Marine replied, "Sir, Mr. Obama is not President and doesn't
reside here."

The old man said, "Okay," and walked away. The following day, the
same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I
would like to go in and meet with President Barack Obama".

The Marine again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Obama
is not President and doesn't reside here." The man thanked him and
again walked away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to
the very same Marine, saying "I would like to go in and meet with
President Barack Obama"

The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man
and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here
asking to speak to Mr. Obama. I've told you already several times
that Mr. Obama is not the President and doesn't reside here. Don't
you understand?"

The old man answered, "Oh, I understand you fine. I just love
hearing your answer!"

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow."

SEMPER FI ........

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woot!

Love this, Z.

nanc said...

i've heard this one only with her heinous in the nobama spot!

Beverly said...

Oh, that's a good one.

Anonymous said...

Very nice one, z. Semper Fi indeed. Don't you love those marines? The salt of the earth! It reminds me of the photo circulating some months back showing the service man giving the secret signal of coercion as he was shaking hands with Hillary.

Anonymous said...

Great joke! Just my kind of story.

Morgan

Anonymous said...

I like that joke a lot.

Gayle said...

LOL! God bless that little old man. :)

I know he's not real and it's a joke, but God bless him anyway.

Nikki said...

AHA! LOVE IT! And it is priceless that the Obama jokes are already circulating...great blogging! :)N

kevin said...

I can't wait to tell this one.

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

If only. . .

BZ

Anonymous said...

Works for me.
WVDOTTR

Joubert said...

I pinched this. LOL!

shoprat said...

Wonderful

cube said...

I loved the Obama punchline as much as the Shrillary one.

Anonymous said...

I like it. Perfect!

Pris

Karen Townsend said...

The husband and I enjoyed the laugh!

MathewK said...

LOL. good one Z.