Sunday, November 23, 2008

MAIL FOR MIKEY...Orson Bean's new book


Just one more plug for my friend Orson Bean's new book, MAIL FOR MIKEY.... It would be such a good Christmas gift. The Christianity focus is making it a problem for many book chains and they're not carrying it like they might. Imagine? They're not carrying a book by ORSON BEAN, one of THE best RACONTEURS and story tellers around (yes, I know you all know what a raconteur is but I had to look up the spelling so I figured I'd link while I was there, just in case!). You can get it through Amazon.com (linked above) (the book, not reconteurship, more's the pity!)
Orson was on Dennis Miller recently and Dennis wants him on as a monthly guest...the first guest he's done this with. Michael Medved also had him on the other day. Orson is a terrific guy and his book is PERFECT for those on the fence of faith...who think they're TOO HIP for belief! And it's a great confirmation for those of us already there...
Any of you have connections with Christian Radio Station/interviewers, etc.? I love Orson and his wife Alley Mills Bean (you recognize her in that picture if you ever watched THE WONDER YEARS, she was the MOM!), and more people should hear about this book! Let me know. Obviously, with a man with Orson's celebrity, it's not sales proceeds he's after, it's more desire to inspire people.... so I'd like to see him do more interviews.
I'm hoping you'll all get to hear Orson somewhere....... it's a good book, he's a great interview on any subject, and he's a man of real solid convictions in faith and politics. Just thought I'd remind you since I did post on this in October! Let me know if you know any radio station people. Thanks!
z

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like an interesting read Z I'll have to check it out.

namaste said...

i TOTALLY did not know what RACONTEUR meant. i'll have to check this writer out. thanks, z.

;)

Z said...

Namaste...are you the one who recommended the lastest Bohjalian book to me? (or did I ask you this already!?!!)

Orson is more a 'raconteur' than writer, but he's SO interesting...he's one of those great TALKERS..in the Johnny Carson vain...just as bright as you can get, and FUNNY, and a great story teller...not known for writing, but he HAS written at least another book. This book is just a special little gem, I think. Pointed and purposeful.

namaste said...

yes, it was i that recommended bohjalian's "before you know kindness." you wrote and told me he is from your country. :)

Z said...

he's descended from the same people but America's my country! (Smile!!)

Very good book....nothing happening so far, but I'm still reading. That says a lot for the book. But, I'd read his other one..midwife, or something like that? thanks, Namaste! xxx

cube said...

I grew up hearing Orson Bean tell his stories. I remember he told one story about living in Australia that I never forgot. I mentioned it in your last OB post, but I think it may have been with an earlier wife. I understand if you didn't want to acknowledge it.

Anonymous said...

That looks like it will be so interesting. I will have to check it out.

Sorry for the off topic hun:

As you know Z I killed The Hill Chronicles. I am not writing anymore on this damn Obamanation. I am going to write on spiritual and moral issues. My new blog is on wordpress too.

The Moral Compass
http://thenewmoralcompass.wordpress.com

I rid myself of the old crap and going for change. I always said change is the only constant.

As I have told everyone - If my freedom of speech will get me killed or jailed it will not be over politics, but for my Lord Jesus Christ.

So let the freaking Obamanation BRING IT ON BABY!
hugs,
xxx

Z said...

cube, I'm not sure I saw the comment, I'm sorry...there'd have been no reason for not 'acknowledging' it..

Alley is close with Orson's first wife..NO problem!! xxx