Monday, February 16, 2009

Now we know who we can blame, huh?

Young Chuck in Montana bought a horse from a farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the horse the next day.
The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news... the horse died."

Chuck replied, "Well, then just give me my money back."
The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."
Chuck said, "Ok, then, just bring me the dead horse."
The farmer asked, "What ya gonna do with him ? "
Chuck said, "I'm going to raffle him off."
The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead horse!"
Chuck said, "Sure I can, Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."
A month later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked, "What happened with that dead horse ? "
Chuck said, "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars a piece and made a profit of $998."
The farmer said, "Didn't anyone complain ? "
Chuck said, "Just the guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back."
Chuck grew up and now works for the government. He's the one who figured out how this "bail-out" is going to work.

from a friend... z

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Great young Democrat there!

Morgan

DaBlade said...

Another LOL!!! here. I didn't see that one coming :) I wish our dead ticket only cost us $2 each. *sigh*

Karen Townsend said...

Funny joke, but the jokes in Washington? Not so much.

I.H.S. said...

LOL! I did not see that coming at all.

Too funny. Thanks, Z.

Blessings.

christian soldier said...

:-) (-:
C-CS

Average American said...

Morgan, I see him as a great young capitalist, but I can also understand your view.