Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nora Ephron has just died.......

Nora Ephron wrote some really warm, amusing films and Mr. Z's favorites were WHEN HARRY MET SALLY and YOU'VE GOT MAIL.    SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE was rather a favorite, too.  I liked JULIA AND JULIE quite a bit, in spite of the silly and completely gratuitous anti-Republican lines, and hadn't realized Nora Ephron had written it.  You might remember that her first husband was Carl Bernstein.

Gone at 71... Rest in peace, Ms. Ephron.

Mr and Mrs. Z

12 comments:

Rita said...

Ohhhhhh. That breaks my heart. Loved her work.

Fredd said...

Yeah, Nora's stuff was great. We'll miss her.

Ducky's here said...

May she rest in peace and be forgiven for unleashing Meg Ryan on the public.

Z said...

Meg Ryan...Mr. Z's favorite.
I think she was one dimensional, but then I think Streep is, too.

Rita and Fredd, she amused, she had wit..all good.

JINGOIST said...

God rest her soul. Miss you Z.

Morgan

JINGOIST said...

I REALLY like Meg Ryan. And she is indeed one dimensional. So? I remember her most from "City of the Angels."

Rita said...

Meg entertains. Sometimes that's all I want in a movie. Although I never read her book, I lived the title of Ephron's book, "I Feel Bad About My Neck". What a hilarious title.

Z said...

Jingo! I miss you, too! I hope all's well with you...
email if/when you can.
Please stick around.
xxxx

Rita said...

Damned IPhone. *loved* not lived. Although my neck is beginning to live up to the title.

beakerkin said...

The woman clearly suffered self inflicted wounds by getting involved
with the amoral airhead Bernstein.
An actual satire of the self centered and pompous journalist is long overdue

Silverfiddle said...

Rest in Peace Ms Ephron...

Z said...

Beakerkin, I started laughing at the astonishing thought of our media today nailing their God, Bernstein.
Don't forget, he's very much on THEIR SIDE!