Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ups and Downs




A fifteen-year-old Amish boy and his father were in a mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and then slide back together again.

 The boy asked, 'What is this Father?'

The father (never having seen an elevator) responded, 'Son, I have never seen anything like this in my life, I don't know what it is.'

While the boy and his father were watching with amazement, a fat and quite unattractive old lady walked up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened, and the lady moved herself through the moving walls and into a small room. The walls closed and the boy and his father watched the small numbers above the walls light up sequentially.

They continued to watch until it reached the last number and then the numbers began to light in the reverse order.

 Finally the walls opened up again and a gorgeous 24-year-old blond stepped out.

 The father, not taking his eyes off the young woman, said quietly to his son.....
 'Go get your Mother'

I laugh EVERY TIME I think of this joke and hope you enjoy it, too!
Z

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved it...Thanks.

Right Truth said...

That's great. I needed a good laugh!

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com

Jan said...

Hmmmm...I wondered why Lucky kept getting me to get in and out of the elevator the other day! :)

Thanks for the good laugh, Z!

Kid said...

Ok, where is this elevator exactly?

Lisa said...

good one Z!
You think if Obama goes in Romney will come out?

viburnum said...

Lisa: "You think if Obama goes in Romney will come out"

Yes, but Obama's elevator will be going down.

Great joke Z, but rest assured my Amish neighbors are nowhere near that naive. ;-)

Z said...

Lisa, I SWEAR, I LOVE your mind! You ALWAYS come up with such clever stuff....bravo! and I WISH!

Debbie..I'm glad you liked it, too!
Imp..isn't it great?

All of your responses made me laugh, thank YOU!

Always On Watch said...

Cute!

Mr. AOW will love this.

Z said...

AOW...funny you should say that! I posted to him last night at his place to come read it :-) I hope he DID love it..can't imagine anybody not finding it very funny, so HE sure will!

Pris said...

Too funny Z.

I laughed out loud!

Z said...

Pris, it's just SO clever I laugh out loud every time, too....I swear, it's one of my very favorite jokes!
I'm glad you enjoyed it, too!

Z said...

It's the amazing cleverness of it that makes me laugh....(just wanted to make clear I hadn't forgotten the joke every time I hear it again:-)

yikes!

SO awful...I saw a friend today who knows a couple in their eighties, as I do...the woman really ticked off the husband (they got married six months ago) and he has Alzherimer's coming on pretty hard.....My friend was told by the wife that her husband's very angry at her for something and my friend said "How long will he be mad, an hour before he forgets? Don't worry!"
It's AWFUL because we should be respectful of that terrible condition but I have to admit I laughed !

MathewK said...

LOL

Nice one.