Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Faith Blog

A nurse on the pediatric ward, before listening to the little ones' chests, would plug the stethoscope into their ears and let them listen to their own heart. Their eyes would always
light up with awe, but she never got a response equal to four-year old David's comment. Gently she tucked the stethoscope into his ears and placed the disk over his heart. 'Listen', she said...'What do you suppose that is?' He drew his eyebrows together in a puzzled line and looked up as if lost in the mystery of the strange tap - tap - tapping deep in his chest. Then his face broke out in a wondrous grin and he asked,
'Is that Jesus knocking?

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."   Ephesians 13:14-21



I had chosen the Ephesians verses for my Sunday Faith Blog last week, but then I remembered it was Father's Day and I wanted to make it more appropriate for that day so I saved it for this week.  An hour or so after I saved it, our friend and commenter Jan emailed me the piece about the little children which, for obvious reasons, I added to it!  "My" Sunday Faith Blog always (always) seems to write itself somehow.   I hope you enjoyed this one.


Let's all try to "be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God" every day....there is a purpose and He is working.  Have a GREAT SUNDAY!

Z


12 comments:

Ticker said...

Such simple words from a child and and all we have to do is open the door and invite Him in.

Ticker said...

Such simple words from a child and and all we have to do is open the door and invite Him in.

Always On Watch said...

Children see the Truth.

Silverfiddle said...

That was a cute story!

CnC said...

Very sweet!

CnC said...

Very sweet!

Z said...

I just loved the story and how I got sent that sweet thing after I'd chosen the scripture verses for today.

I wonder why so many comments are twice...I hope that's not a blogger problem!

Pris said...

How sweet this is. I love it.

Out of the mouths of babes, huh Z?

Jan said...

I love the text of scripture that you chose for today's post, Z, thanks!

It says so much, promises so much, doesn't it?

So many make salvation, and peace with God seem difficult, but He never intended it to be that way....

"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein."
Mark 10:15

I hope you, and all of your readers, and friends here, are having a good, and peaceful day.

Ed Bonderenka said...

I checked with snopes and they say the story isn't true.

No I didn't.

sue hanes said...

Z - That is so precious. It would be great if we all could hear Jesus knocking like the little girl did.

And that we would let Him in.

Hope your Sunday was great.

Thanks - Z.

Z said...

Very true, Sue..
and I hope things are well with you.