Friday, August 6, 2010

Basketball crashers?

The owner of the Phoenix Suns basketball team, Robert Sarver, opposes AZ's new immigration laws.

Arizona's Governor, Jan Brewer, released the following statement in response to Sarver's criticism of the new law:

"What if the owners of the Suns discovered that hordes of people were sneaking into games without paying? What if they had a good idea who the gate-crashers are, but the ushers and security personnel were not allowed to ask these folks to produce their ticket stubs, thus non-paying attendees couldn't be ejected. Furthermore, what if Suns' ownership was expected to provide those who sneaked in with complimentary eats and drink? And what if, on those days when a gate-crasher became ill or injured, the Suns had to provide free medical care and shelter?"

GOOD ONE, Gov Brewer!

Let me just add ONE thing I can't reist....GO, LAKERS! :-)

z

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this Z.

It put's me in mind of Rush Limbaugh saying the other day, "how come the people standing up to Obama and for what's right, wear bras and panties"?
Yes, how come?

Governor Brewer is a strong woman, and pretty fearless. I appreciate her forthrightness, and candor.

I'd love for the Suns' owner to answer her. I don't know how he can with a straight face.

Keep it up Governor, if there were more like you, the people in this country would feel that they do count after all. What a breath of fresh air.

Pris

Anonymous said...

Go, Jan!!!

Silvrlady

Chuck said...

Slam dunk

christian soldier said...

Do you think Arizonans would ever consider boycotting the Suns?
Money or lack of it- talks!!
Carol-CS

jadedfellow said...

As they swim the borders to drop their children so they can be citizens.

As the politicians promise the moon and the stars of food stamps and emergency room health care.

As they illegally come here and send the dollars back to Mayhemico.

As I am not gunna spend the rest of my life worrying about the games basketball players play or their slave masters work.

I will go back to the PROJECT, and say I'm telling the truth that our children are grown up and I don't want them to sing I don't want to live here anymore! Where do we go, when nobody gives us citizens a damn?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR6NJlk1_A

Alan Parsons "Games People Play" if forwards don't work!

Big Bubba said...

I am sitting at a Twain's in Studio City wishing someone would deport me back to Texas.

Anonymous said...

"Multi Cultural bullshit...means...no laws...no assimilation...which means we're fucked...sorry.

But..if it ain't secession...it's guns. Whose really, ready for the inevitable breakdown of America under the AA "POS"....?

Don't kid yourselves it can't happen here....I've seen it up close and real...in Iraq.

Petraeus.....save us...overthrow this fascist government.

JINGOIST said...

Way to go Jan Brewer!

cube said...

I, too, would love to hear Sarver's reply. Go Jan.

Z said...

Chuck, perfect!

Bubba, what's Twain's? Sorry you're not enjoying California; you must be in the wrong place, believe me!

Faith said...

We do have heroes these days and Jan Brewer is one of them. Is it enough to restrain the idiocies she's up against?

~Leslie said...

That was a great response from Jan Brewer. I am so glad she is staying strong despite all the pressure against her.

~