Thursday, August 26, 2010

Is Islamophobia YOUR FAULT?

A New York City cabbie was stabbed...a Bangladeshi New York Cabbie....RUH ROH...must be ISLAMOPHOBIA, right? MUST BE IN REACTION TO THE MOSQUE? This man must HATE muslims and HATE the very idea of that mosque (with the 'prayer room' with a capacity for 1000 prayer rugs and people). I thought it must be HATE when I saw the Yahoo Headline "Slashed MUSLIM taxi driver to Visit New York Mayor!"

Well, it turns out the slasher is "Michael Enright (who) once volunteered with a group that
promotes interfaith tolerance and has supported a proposal for a mosque near ground zero.." Wait...does that mean those of us who do not support the proposed mosque near ground zero, on grounds of sensitivity to Americans and nothing else, do NOT "promote interfaith tolerance"? REALLY? :-)

Check this out:
"NEW YORK – Michael Enright once volunteered with a group that promotes interfaith tolerance and has supported a proposal for a mosque near ground zero — an experience distinctly at odds with what authorities say happened inside a city taxi.."

So, this guy supports religious tolerance so he must be a liberal (sarcasm here) so this just might be a sign of LEFTWING Islamophobia? WOW. :-)

MORE:
"The Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Washington-based advocacy group, condemned the attack and said that anti-Islam sentiment has bubbled up with new fervor amid the debate about the downtown mosque, and that it's leading to
more bias incidents"

"In addition to the cab driver stabbing, in recent days a
mosque in Madera, Calif., has been vandalized." One mosque out of hundreds. But..but.......churches are vandalized quite often. So was an office down the street here a week or so ago........??

Some, by the way, think REPUBLICANS HAVE BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS!
It's ALL the fault of REPUBLICANS who URGE the knifing of Muslims!? GeeeeZ!
(by the way, subsequent witnesses have not mentioned that the slasher asked if the driver was a muslim. I think that was wishful thinking on the media's part)

I guess you just can't condemn Conservatives enough for not feeling that a muslim mosque/center near Ground Zero hallowed grounds is insensitive. It's all our fault there's all this backlash, not the fault of the Imam who won't stop standing his ground. It's all our fault. Again.

I just saw that Michelle Malkin also covered it..HERE. Her last sentence is perfect: "Being a Tea Party-bashing liberal means never having to say you’re sorry for smearing conservative dissent." Z: WHEN is the left going to understand that America still does have two major parties and that BOTH have the right not to be smeared, mischaracterized and denigrated as they're doing now?

Only very slightly off topic: On the radio yesterday, I heard about Sharif El Gamal, who plunked down $4.5 cash for the Burlington Coat Factory and still owns it now and he's promoting the Center because "The community wants this" Everything I read was pretty damning and smacked of something odd because most waiters (the MSNBC article forgets to mention that he was a waiter until 2002) don't get many million dollars worth of property within 8 years, paying cash for many of them. Here is the Love story from MSNBC. HERE is a more accurate account. So, who's behind HIM?

Thanks to Elmer's Brother for his help in preparing this Post..
Z

28 comments:

Linda said...

They won't be happy (are they ever happy?) until they take over America.

Opus #6 said...

That's why the money issue is no consolation to me. If the Saudis want the mosque, money will flow like oil from a broken pipeline.

Is is a phobia if they really *are* out to get you and destroy your way of life?

Faith said...

I'm religiosuicidohomicidojihadophobic, so maybe it is my fault.

FrogBurger said...

And their antisemitic, antichristian and antiwhite. I think we need to demean them the same way. I know it's pathetic in a way but they're setting the rules of the game and so we should play by the same rules.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Islam phobia is my fault. I actually started this in the mid-8th Century AD when I wrote the Koran as a fraternity joke that appears to have backfired. Okay, I was only kidding. I didn’t start Islam phobia.

Just because Michael Enright once volunteered with a group promoting interfaith tolerance doesn’t mean he's qualified to work at MSNBC. I heard a rumor that Ducky once belonged to a Gay Travel Club, but that doesn’t mean he’s really ... you know, gay. It could be that he only said he was gay in order to take advantage of group travel discounts.

Similarly, Mr. Enright might have pretended to be tolerant just so he could get a job with MSNBC writing copy for the newsreader's teleprompter. He's probably a conservative serial killer just looking for innocent Moslems.

There is a solution to the Victory Mosque issue: we could all chip in and buy a dump truck load of pig poop and have it unloaded within the old Burlington Coat Factory. We could make it look like a libreal did it.

Just trying to help ...

cube said...

I am so sick of the misinformation. Honestly, just watch five minutes of Morning Joe on MSNBC (when Imus and Fox & Friends are on commercial) and you will see the total agreement on the daily talking points.

And don't even start telling me there is no agreement on the daily talking points because you were busted on JournoList. You do it. We know it. Dont deny it.

Z said...

Cube, believe it or not, I sometimes watch IMUS here, tho we're 3 hours behind! 4:00AM, I have on IMUS if I can't sleep.
I, too, click to Joe at MSNBC during commercials and MAN, it's getting almost laughable if it weren't so upsetting. unreal.
It's the DISDAIN, that DISMISSIVENESS that's so hard to take. We can argue, we can discuss differences, but this UTTER disdain for ANYTHING Conservative has got to stop.

Mustang! good comment! I"m sure you're right and I like the poop idea!
Did you hear some of the names for that gay muslim bar some of us were talking about (a la Greg Gutfeld)? >>>Queer Eye for the Suicide Guy?
Sadam and Gomorrah!
See Ann Coulter.com...a friend alerted me to her site..down the right side of the blogroll...really good ones.

FrogBurger, sad that we'd have to fight as ugly as they do but I'm thinking the same thing..

Z said...

GLENN BECK:

Is anybody actually attending the event on Saturday?

And, have you heard if it'll be played live on CSPAN or anything? Please let me know.

Ducky's here said...

Long as they don't get too close, it's okay?

Dick Gregory used to say:
Down South they don't care how close you are as long as you don't get too big.
Up North they don't care how big you are as long as you don't get too close.

I think we're dealing with both conditions with the right's neuroses concerning Islam.

Major said...

"It could be that he only said he was gay in order to take advantage of group travel discounts."

Pffffffftttt...Mustang, you owe me a new monitor!

Ducky's here said...

Laugh too hard, Major, and your homeboys might think you're compensating.

Ducky's here said...

Laugh too hard, Major, and your homeboys might think you're compensating.

ABNPOPPA said...

Z,

I heard about this on the radio on my way to work.I have purposely not watched the evening news to avoid how them may spin this crazed, conservative, republican, tea party member. Is there no sanity any more?

Pops

Major said...


"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.

It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president ".

Major said...

Duck...I'll take my "homeboys" over your dilettantes, queers, fascists, traitorous, deranged muddled minded quacks, frauds, liars and ivy league scum...any day of the week.

Nice that you've adopted & substituted ebonics to communicate in. But...even though you think that particular vernacular makes you "kool"...it only proves how ignorant you truly are. Your "homeboyz"...wouldn't let you off even if you were on your knees.

Go grab a "40" and watch "Boyz in the Hood" again. Get it right this time.

Z said...

Major, I don't know what a "40" is, but Boyz in the Hood is one of my favorite films.

Ducky, what neurosis? Grow up. Don't look now, but I think it's the muslims with the neuroses toward Judaism and CHristianity.

Major said...

Ms. Z...a "40" is one of those cheep "quart" beers they're always sipping from. Not knowing what a quart really is.

They're 40 ouncers.....usually called "Olde" something or other. Ask the duckfart....he probably knows as much about that as he does his chardonnay. He's hip. He wished he was a hood too. And kool. And popular. But he's as popular around here as swine flu is or lindsey lowdown-han.

Anonymous said...

lol!

LibertyAtStake said...

Nutjobs who strap bombs to themselves and blow up perfect strangers piss me off. Call it a phobia if it makes you feel better.

http://libertyatstake.blogspot.com/
"Because the Only Good Progressive is a Failed Progressive"

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, hello Madame Z. I'm proud to say I've forgotten how many times I got bounced off of the old FrontPageMagazine site for getting into it with "Abdullah McKay'' or whatever he was called, the Saracen bastard, Lord "O'' Mercy how I used to tear into him.. As I told our hostess in an e-mail recently I'm beyond caring about being called "Islamophobic'', this ''9'11 Victory Mosque'' was the last straw.You aren't going to tell me I can't hate people who want to kill me.

Anonymous said...

Oh btw, that lat post was me, Johnnymac.

Anonymous said...

Yo JohnnyMac.....welcome back.! Stick around.."Abdul" is really Ducky.

I like to watch....

Z said...

Major, thanks!

LAS........well said...why can't everyone see that? There are nutjobs in EVERY group but we try to protect ourselves from them; unless they're Imams who won't rebuke Hamas!

Hi, JM! Always good to see you and you make a good point about people wanting to kill you!

Imp...abdul=Ducky? Naa

Anonymous said...

Hey Imp, how are you? Thanks for the welcome and you too Madame, merci. Ducky as Abdullah? Maybe, on the internet anything possible. Personally I always thought Abduallh was Socrates. Man did I have the mad on for that Saracen bastard! I remember him mouthing off on FPM once about how he and his ''brothers'' were going to build ''mosques on every corner!''. I said to him "Yeah you do that(twelve-letter incestuous word) and I'll be there with a five-gallon can of gas and a highway flare''. I think that was one of the many times my intemperate butt got thrown off there. Anyhoo Imp nice to see you here. Johnnymac.

Anonymous said...

Madame, this is your website and of course you have the right to allow on it whomever you please but I wonder why it is you suffer "Ducky''. The guy's a crashing boor to say the least and enjoys to the hilt playing the contrary purely out of spite. Johnnymac.

Z said...

JM, I've finally started deleting ANYTHING I don't like from Ducky...I don't mind hearing his differing viewpoints unless he starts with the sarcastic belittling again..then he's GONE as soon as I or Elmer's Brother sees it.

I suffered long enough.

Always On Watch said...

I don't recall hearing much about Enright's Islamophilic background in the mainstream news. But why should I even expect that the mainstream news would tell about his interfaithing activities.

cube said...

Z: You have mentioned your insomnia before. I have a touch myself. I often find myself watching horror movies in the middle of the night, but have to wake up when Imus/Fox&Friends/MorningJoe come on. I just brew more coffee ;-)

MSNBC is a joke! Mr. Cube and I have laughs over the statements we hear every morning. Mika is a birdbrain and Scarborough should just admit he's a closet democrat and be done with it. Basically, I like Willy.