Saturday, August 7, 2010

Doctors in Afghanistan murderered.......

What a TERRIBLE STORY of Americans, Germans and Afghans killed after having treated Afghans in a very very remote village, a particularly difficult trek..... Quotes from the linked article are italicized:

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid told The Associated Press that they killed the foreigners because they were "spying for the Americans" and "preaching Christianity."

Frans said the International Assistance Mission, the longest serving nongovernmental organization operating in Afghanistan, is registered as a nonprofit Christian organization but does

Z: As most of us who help Christian groups know, most Christian medical groups do not proselytize..... especially in areas such as Afghanistan, their workers are even not predominantly
Christians, they're, courageous, selfless, good doctors, etc....they're just under the caring auspices of the Christian-supported groups.


The third Afghan who survived "told me he was shouting and reciting the holy Quran and saying 'I am Muslim. Don't kill me,'" Kemtuz said.

"The trek will not be easy; it will take three weeks and be done on foot and with packhorses — no vehicles can access the mountainous terrain,"
(Dr Karen Woo) wrote. "The expedition will require a lot of physical and mental resolve and will not be without risk but ultimately, I believe that the provision of medical treatment is of fundamental importance and that the effort is worth it in order to assist those that need it most." The young and beautiful Dr. Woo was murdered in cold blood. (see image)

I hope that the village people in Afghanistan get this news. They must know who's standing between them and a brighter, healthier future for Afghanistan.
Please pray for the selfless medical people who lost their lives. And pray for Afghanistan.
z

16 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

Z,
My fear is that our soldiers are dying for people who won't help themselves. While they don't, our countrymen die. Is this all really worth it? I've been down this road. Does it ever really do any good?

Z said...

I don't really think it's doing much good, L&0, no. I'm thinking more and more how you're thinking.
This disaster also will have a chilling effect on any other aid groups working there; everyone must be so afraid.

Z said...

I heard a friend of this group's tonight on TV, a journalist in Kabul, said that UNEQUIVOCALLY, this group did NOT push Christianity anywhere EVER in all the 30 years that one doctor'd been there.

Anonymous said...

Keeping people locked into the 7th Century is how the Taliban maintain control over the people. It is pure terror as an art form. It is the sort of tactic progressives use here in America, too … only instead of murdering conservatives, they make vile pronouncements. I do not believe for a moment these people were guilty of preaching Christianity, but they did offer hope to the people they served: the Taliban can’t have that; cannot abide that. This is exactly the kind of story that will cause Ducky to wet his pants as he shrills ‘Allah Akbar.’

sue said...

z - I just read about this and it made me do a double take because it is so shocking.

It's so sad when those who are helping are killed.

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Claiming to be Muslim to appeal for an exemption and freedom from an Islamic terrorist's murder spree should tell you all you need to know about mainstream Islamic beliefs.

"Don't kill me, I'm one of you!"

Z said...

Mustang, the more I hear about islam, the more I see NO HOPE anywhere. I watched the hour on an honor killing in TX and couldn't believe the hate and ugliness all in the name of their beliefs.

Sue, I cried, particularly for this beautiful young woman who'd left a very cushy practice in London to take care of these people, reaching them after having to endure really difficult terrain, etc.

Beamish, I almost featured that in my post but then deleted it because I had a slightly sinister slant to what I'd read and don't know for a fact what I was thinking was true and I don't want to condemn these muslims if I wasn't right... but you're SO RIGHT. One muslim escaped and the other said "I'm a MUSLIM" and escaped murder....terrible, isn't it. Yes, quite some group.

Anonymous said...

We should mark Hiroshima day this month with a reenactment there...matter of fact we should include most of the ME as well.

Show them some "christian" understanding and technology.

P!ss be upon them.

Major

Z said...

Major, why the HECK would you consider bombing Hiroshima again? are you kidding?

Always On Watch said...

Beamish said:

Claiming to be Muslim to appeal for an exemption and freedom from an Islamic terrorist's murder spree should tell you all you need to know about mainstream Islamic beliefs.

"Don't kill me, I'm one of you!"


In Saudi -- was it at Khobar Towers? -- the only way not to get killed during the security breach some years back was to declare oneself not a Christian.

Always On Watch said...

HERE is a disturbing story: "Almost Half of U.S. Fatalities in Afghan War Took Place Since Obama Took Office."

Anonymous said...

"I see NO HOPE anywhere."

Sorry Z...I was referring to the ME and Afghans in particular. We should have let the Russians obliterate them when they had the chance...and Charlie Wilson should have dropped dead.

Major

Z said...

Major, thanks for the clarification! I had a feeling you didn't mean that!

AOW, are you KIDDING ME? And THAT information's not in the news? WOW.
HALF, and in how short a time compared to Bush's admin? WOW

Z said...

but, AOW, you know..when you're busy reading Mirandas and giving houses a week to get ready for inspection, looking for terrorists (as if they'd wait around?), and when you're telling an enemy when we're leaving, it kind of makes sense.
9 years with Bush, and half of the losses are with Obama's 1 1/2 years.
Easy to figure out why, huh?

FrogBurger said...

Very very very sad. Evil in action.

Z said...

"evil in action"
well said, FB.