Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Retraction. And questions regarding Obama's Scholarship:

The obama information regarding his status as 'foreign citizen' to get a college scholarship, which I published late last night, has disappeared from the web except for a few blogs as small as mine which still carry it. Even the Arizona Sentinel, which is still listed on Google with this information to link to, now says "Sorry, no posts matched your criteria". Really? Their article was there this morning. Funny that the Google headline/link is still there for all to see. Truthseeker still shows the information.

WorldNetDaily, which I felt sure had this piece is now requesting my retraction of my assertion that they carried the story. You may see Mr. Farah's comment in my comments page. If they never did, I am only too happy to announce, here and now, that I didn't see it there. And I apologize. I have deleted the Letter to the Editor Post (I wanted you to see what I'd written to him complaining about their publishing unsubstantiated information) because I don't want to cause him or me any more embarrassment. Honestly, Mr. Farah, if you didn't carry it, I'm very sorry. (And, of course, that comment left at my blog might NOT be yours, I'm hoping you respond to my email and let me know...just wanted to cover my bases in case it is from you)

The lesson here is to save any post you delete from your blog. I'd deleted in frustration because some bloggers told me they couldn't find the information to back it up by this morning and you guys know I NEVER publish things that either don't look SO bona fide that it's worth publishing without checking and I don't publish things that look odd without doing the background checks.

Now, is it true, or isn't it? DID Obama say he was a foreign citizen to earn a scholarship? Maybe it isn't true, maybe it's a hoax, then who can we ever believe again? It's attributed to the AP.

Funny, isn't it? All Mr. Obama DOES have to do to put this all to rest is get us an original of the birth certificate AND show evidence of who paid for his college educations. Frankly, I'd rather we ALL spend our time trying to deflect the damage he's doing to our country but, perhaps, since we are feeling so impotent, this birth certificate/scholarship flap's all we've got and, who can blame us?

Again, to Mr. Farah at WorldNetDaily, if you say you didn't have it, so be it. I'm usually very, very careful but, if I erred, please accept my apology.

z

20 comments:

Z said...

josephfarah said...

I am demanding an immediate retraction of your claim that WND ever published such a story. It is reckless and irresponsible of you to make such a charge without pointint to a specific link.

Joseph Farah
Editor and founder
WorldNetDaily.com

May 5, 2009 3:35 PM

Z said...

I got this comment earlier, on the Letter to the Editor at WND post I have deleted from "Lou"

Anonymous Lou said...

Michelle Malkin sometime back ran a pic of the newspaper birth anouncement on Hot Air for Obama's parents in Hawaii. I worked in geanology at a public library for some years and it looked totally legit to me.
Good on you for challenging this rumour -- like other posters have said, it's not good for conservatives to get their facts wrong.

Z: Not to pat myself on the back but reiterate a very important point: Conservatives have to be FAR more careful than the Left when we publish things. ONE bad article at Malkin, or WND or Free Republic, or ANYWHERE is taken and run with by the Left and one sees remarks all over the blogosphere about "That rag has no value because it published..." Well, the NYTimes can jeopardize our SAFETY by printing all kinds of things that shouldn't be, and nobody really cares, but we Conservatives haven't that luxury.

Just wanted to make sure that point is made here. I'll be even MORE careful in the future, I hope all you good bloggers will be, too.

Law and Order Teacher said...

Z,
I've never been a real fan of WND. I read it every once in a while, but not on a daily basis. There are much better sources out there in my opinion. You would think that an editor would type accurately when threatening people. Too bad, they just lost a reader.

Joe said...

I've never read WND. Now I don't think I'll start.

CJ said...

Z, I have a question about that comment that's supposedly from Joseph Farah. If you click on his name it takes you to an empty blog begun on April 22nd, which doesn't seem like something he would allow to be attached to his name. I guess it's possible it's on the up and up but on the other hand maybe that wasn't from him and there may be wheels within wheels here.

Z said...

Well, guys, they have some good stuff there, actually they have Sowell and other good conservative writers on WND, and I'd not tell anybody not to read it anymore, believe me. I just wanted to tell my story.

If they did NOT publish that information, I'm wrong, and they didn't deserve to be accused of something they didn't do.

It's just so weird...I was so sure.

Pat Jenkins said...

don't worry about it z, we all run fake stories!!... yours truly dan rather...

Z said...

CJ, where did you 'click'? On the original comment, on the page I deleted late today? Maybe I'll write him and ask if that was his comment..thanks.
I just did. let's see..thanks.

CJ said...

I clicked on his name on the original page and it took me to a Wordpress blog page with the title Joseph Farah's Blog but no blog entries and no other information. But you've already written him so I hope the mystery is cleared up.

Z said...

Pat, THAT is hilarious! Thanks for a break in the moood! you are clever!

CJ....I'm thinking he has that through which to write like shlubs like me who shouldn't know his real email address...he doesn't have a blog, he just probably set that up so he could leave messages like this. Although, you wonder why he'd bother, why not just use ANONYMOUS and write his name IN the comment box. Whatever, I did write and maybe he'll respond.

CJ said...

I can't see why the editor of a conservative website like WND -- whatever its faults it usually runs stuff most of us appreciate --would want to alienate a conservative blogger or go about communications in such a sneaky way. Bad PR.

Z said...

Well, I don't see it that way, though I'm beginning to doubt the comment was from him. After all, I sent an email, he could have responded.

I doubt he'd have to add "Editor and founder", either.....so, it's probably a jerk doing this, but it's taught me a lot, anyway. It really did.
Made me realize some things.

I don't mind...if it wasn't in WND, I shouldn't have said it was. But, well...I can't say .....
later.

mynameismax said...

I LIKE TO WHACK HIS WOOLEY HEAD OPEN LIKE A DARN WALLNUT IN OCTOBER. I BLOGED AGAIN SO COME ON BY PEOPLE AND SAY HELLO. GOOD BY FOR NOW.

RightKlik said...

Looks like one of Obama's losers has yanked your chain.

Ducky's here said...

Check them out today !

All kinds of great Micheal Weiner (aka Savage) stuff.

Z said...

Mr. Joseph Farah from WND thanked me for my 'retraction' in a private email....just to tell you all how it ended up. geeeeZ!

josephfarah said...

I am demanding an immediate retraction of my claim that Washington, not London, initiated the ban on Michael Savage. It is reckless and irresponsible of me to make such a charge without pointing to a specific link.

Joseph Farah
Editor and founder
WorldNetDaily.com

josephfarah said...

Haha, I forgot to provide a link for this, too. I'm soooo bad lol.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97198

Joseph Farah
Editor and founder
WorldNetDaily.com

Z said...

Mr. Farah...in the linked article, you say:

"I believe with near 100 percent certainty, though I admit I can't prove it, that the initiative for this symbolic effort to ban Michael Savage from a country he had no intention of visiting came not from London, but from Washington." (I think your background information and surmisal could very well be true)

It IS your opinion written in an opinion piece....(and MINE, too.) Why retract?

Thanks for your comments!

Anonymous said...

Idiot right wing nuts: http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/occidental.asp