Mr. Z just wrote an email to a friend about healthcare and I thought it made such sense I'd blog it: Here goes:
Healthcare is really simple to deal with, instead of “overhaul”:
1. Institute tort reform and get rid of “defensive medicine”. Saves up to $200 B per year.
2. No more state limits for insurance companies.
3. Throw excessive administrative burdens out.
4. Cover the 10 million people who really need it, by a special fund. (no illegals, don’t force young people into an insurance they don’t want). Also, create a cheap “catastrophic insurance”.
5. Allow pool formation for premium reduction
6. Force congress into the same insurance they are creating.
Z: You all think Obama will mention any of this in his non-State of the Union State of the Union speech next week? :-) What do you all think of Mr. Z's ideas............why NOT? Got any additions or subtractions?