Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pentagon Applause? Since when?

Did you all know THIS  A friend sent me the story and I thought it was too good to be true so I'd look it up.  Well, in that Truth/Fiction site, it says it is true........and I thought I'd like to link it here and let you share in the amazing, respectful, heartwarming Friday mornings at the ...........PENTAGON!   I was impressed that, every single Friday, the corridors of the Army section are lined with Pentagon employees while wounded soldiers and their families are paraded down the halls and applauded for............Please read the article I linked....here's a wonderful part from it:

"There are families with them as well: the 18-year-old war-bride pushing her 19-year-old husband's wheelchair and not quite understanding why her husband is so affected by this, the boy she grew up with, now a man, who had never shed a tear is crying; the older immigrant Latino parents who have, perhaps more than their wounded mid-20s son, an appreciation for the emotion given on their son's behalf. No man in that hallway, walking or clapping, is ashamed by the silent tears on more than a few cheeks. An Airborne Ranger wipes his eyes only to better see. A couple of the officers in this crowd have themselves been a part of this parade in the past. 


Did you know any of this?  Truth/Fiction links to a "Washington Post article of September 2008" but all I get is the McClatchy article linked above.......I Googled "Washington Post  Pentagon Friday ceremonies" and don't come up with anything.....   Anyway, I'd like to think some liberal msm paper carried this story........can't find one.   If you can, please link it in Comments, thanks.   In the meantime, wouldn't you have thought this would be mentioned?

Had you heard of these Friday mornings at the Pentagon?

UPDATE:  Thanks to Mustang, who emailed me THIS, showing how the Pentagon is going to try to cut  benefits from these same amazing service people.  I guess we should have all known that we who support our military couldn't rejoice too long;  They'll clap for them, but .......  

z

13 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Even though I'm local to the D.C. area and about 10 miles from the Pentagon, this is the first time I've heard of this every-Friday event at the Pentagon.

Amazing story! And uplifting too.

Joe said...

Never heard of it, but love it!

Brooke said...

I've not heard of it, either. It is true according to Snopes, which is a bit of a leftist-ran site.

Link.

BB-Idaho said...

The story was in the Wall Street Journal ..not sure if that is considered
'MSM'. I have seen clips of George Bush, Paul Wolfowitz and David Petreaus visiting wounded
vets; apparently Michelle
Obama does it often and privately and many others
as well. And we should honor these men. The latest medal of honor
recipient, wounded, only 31 years old, has been deployed eight times Duty, Honor,
Country.

Bd said...

Obama has participated also.

Speedy G said...

Obama actually visited the Pentagon one day? That's AMAZING!

Z said...

AOW, some at Snopes, commenters, are saying they don't think it happens anymore, but from Googling, it looks like it does.

Joe, imagine there are commenters at Snopes who can read about the proud tears of the parents and wives of those injured, and the pride those injured feel for having rec'd the respect of the Pentagon, but suggest it's silly and should stop?

Brooke, thanks.

BB...If Michelle's visiting soldiers, it should be told, but maybe because Bush and Laura did it so very often and didn't ask for any attention for having done so, the media feels a little shame to brag on Michelle. Ya think?
I'd like a link on that, if you have it. I can't imagine being First Lady and NOT doing it, frankly....

And, by the way, don't you consider the WSJournal msm? Ya, I know it's considered Conservative..so is it any surprise that was all either you or I could find? :-) Anything honoring the troops....well.....

BD...good, please get us a link. I Googled and could find that nowhere.

Bd said...

'nowhere?'

Z said...

Bd.. this is your information, find it, I'd be pleased to see it...thanks.
"Nowhere"....do you want a definition, or???

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

Did Obama get applause when they wheeled him through the Pentagon?

Z said...

Beamish! :-)

Bd said...

I believe you meant 'anywhere.' Lol!

Jan said...

I believe you meant 'anywhere.' Lol!

Bd..I believe the laugh's on you!