Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tight quarters in that Endeavor!

Could you be at a space station for 3 MONTHS? Or in a Mars simulation flight experiment for 105 DAYS? Cut off up there on a space station without really knowing you'll make it back safely, let's face it. .........or in a simulator away from family, away from everything, for all those days...........? Could you float on a tether that far up in outer space?

Looks kind of 'tight' there in the picture, doesn't it? For days on end?

What's that kind of personality LIKE? It's not mine, I'll tell you!

z

12 comments:

Always On Watch said...

Couldn't do it!

Floating out on a tether would give me heart failure. I don't like heights!

Bloviating Zeppelin said...

I'll put it this way: we had WMD training a few years ago, where I had to don a closed respirator, neck piece, completely enclosed plastic suit with gloves and booties, then pull the hood over my head and have someone seal it. In the summer. I lasted about a minute before I had to rip the hood and mask off. Couldn't do it ever again.

BZ

(((Thought Criminal))) said...

I could do it alone. Cooped up with others, not so much.

elmers brother said...

I could do it with Sara Evans and Shania Twain.

elmers brother said...

be cooped up I mean

G-Man said...

I'd love it. Space travel has always been one of my dreams.

Z said...

Elbro, that addition IS HYSTERICALLY funnY! Heh!!

I couldn't do this for a MILE off of earth for more than 2 minutes, I must admit.

Anonymous said...

Nope, not for me. I sure admire those who do though.

Pris

sue said...

No to all of that. Even thinking about it freaks me out.

I would like to go out into space, however, but I'd just like to go.
Without a spacesuit, nothing.
Just float around.

Anonymous said...

ElBro!

We get to pick our fellow astronauts?

That would change my answer. ;-)

I'd take my dog.

Z said...

You people who say NO WAY COULD I DO THIS warm my heart. I always kind of looked at my fears of doing stuff like that as a character flaw, you know?

Heck, I get a TINGE of an icky-feeling when they slam the airplane doors shut before departure..just for a second, of course (usuallY!)..

elmers brother said...

As long as they put me out for the ride up.